JCB is leading the way in clean technology and reducing harmful emissions with E-TEC, a new generation of electric products with zero exhaust emissions, greatly reduced noise and no compromise on performance.
The 19C-1E is JCB’s first fully electric mini excavator and the first JCB E-TEC machine offered in North America. The 2-ton (1.9-tonne) 19C-1E is ideally suited to construction and excavation applications within enclosed or urban job sites, or noise- and emissions-sensitive environments such as hospitals and schools. It offers the same power and more torque as comparable diesel-powered machines yet produces zero exhaust emissions and one-fifth of the noise.
The 19C-1E is cost efficient too. JCB research indicates that electric charging costs for the 19C-1E will be 50 percent lower than fuel costs for a comparable diesel-powered machine over a five-year ownership period. Similarly, with fewer consumable spare parts and fluids, servicing costs will be up to 70 per cent lower.
The JCB 19C-1E electric mini excavator provides the freedom to work anywhere, anytime with quick charging and long battery life.
• The standard three-battery pack provides 313 Ah (15 kWh) of capacity, which will provide a typical day’s work on a single charge.
• Optional four-battery pack allows 417 Ah (20 kWh) capacity and delivers two additional hours of continuous use.
• Up to 120 hours standby time.
• Battery status information available via a gauge on the instrument panel.
• Three charging options, with one to suit every work site and operating profile. Standard 110V input for 12-hour recharging. Available 230V charging option for 8-hour recharge or fast charge option for 2-hour recharge.
The JCB 19C-1E electric mini excavator requires minimal daily checks and less servicing than conventional, diesel-powered machines.
• Maintenance-free batteries in rugged battery housing to withstand construction applications.
• Lower operating costs as electricity is less expensive than fossil fuel.
• No engine (or associated components and consumables), which significantly reduces daily checks, servicing time and equipment.
• No need for expensive emissions extraction equipment when working indoors or in tunnels.
The JCB 19C-1E electric mini excavator generates less noise than many household appliances, making it ideal for urban areas and indoor applications and allowing better communication with co-workers.
• Noise at the operator station is just 68 dB
• Three single-ﬂanged bottom rollers allied with short pitch tracks ensure a quiet, smooth ride.
• In some circumstances, the lower machine noise may enable use outside of typical operating hours to maximize time on site and complete projects sooner
• A blue indicator light shows the machine is running.
The JCB 19C-1E electric mini excavator is safer for the environment, operators and bystanders, and is ideal for working indoors and in urban areas.
• The 19C-1E operates completely free of electrical tethers.
• Zero emissions and low noise levels make for safer working conditions.
• JCB’s unique 2GO system safely isolates all the controls.
• The canopy is ROPS, TOPS and FOGS certified for full safety compliance.
The new JCB 19C-1E electric mini excavator is designed and built to withstand the toughest job sites, with durable components for minimal downtime.
• 100 percent steel bodywork for maximum protection and easy repair.
• The electrical circuit has been extensively tested and every detail checked to ensure longevity.
• A full-width, rear cast counterweight protects against damage.
• Extending undercarriage beams are constructed from 1-inch solid steel plate.
• Even after 3,000 full charge and discharge cycles (equivalent of more than 10 years of use), the batteries retain more than 80 percent capacity.